[rkward-devel] Trouble with RKWard on openSuSE 11.2: Crash on Startup

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jun 9 12:06:47 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 09 June 2010, Jacek Rużyczka wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 09 Juni 2010 13:23:24 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> >  If you have any experience with rpmbuild, could you
> >  compile the rkward .src.rpm on your system, to make sure the all library
> >  versions match those on your system?
>
> If I had experience, yes! :-X Nevertheless, I will try it out if my time
> allows.

OK. Before you do, try the package from the new "openSUSE_11.2_with_Updates"-
repository:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries?package=rkward&project=home%3Atfry-
suse%3ACRAN&repository=openSUSE_11.2_with_Updates
This is not quite them same as building on your own system, but perhaps it's
close.

> > - Qt might be the issue as well. Could you add your package information
> > for libqt4? Also, perhaps the output of
> >   ldd /usr/bin/rkward.bin

None of this looks suspicious to me, so no new ideas from this.

Both bug reports I found for this report using Qt 4.5.3, so perhaps the issue
is related to that. If you dare messing with your system a bit more, you could
try to upgrade to 4.6:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=libqt4&project=KDE%3AQt .