[rkward-devel] performance

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Jun 8 13:44:53 UTC 2010

hi,

as one result of our ongoing workshop, a participant argued that while rkward
provides a really comfortable interface for R development, it does consume
valuable processing ressources to an extent that when it comes to actual
huge/complex calculations, he wouldn't consider doing it with rkward.

i guess it's the implementation of the R console and the way it communicates
with the backend that produces the noticeable overhead. is there something we
could do about this? perhaps making it possible to clone the workspace as a
new "native" R session if you need to boost performance? or the possibility to
switch off rkward's R console wrapper?

viele gruesse :: m.eik

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf