[rkward-devel] script file corrupted when moved to Windows

Horace Tso Horace.Tso at pgn.com
Thu Jul 8 17:54:19 UTC 2010

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Rkward or Ubuntu in general but I'll post it here for comments.

I'm working off two platforms back and forth for a while. At home I have Ubuntu (10.04) under which I use Rkward to code and the script files naturally are named MyScript.r. At work I have R on Win XP with the Tinn-R editor.

This has happened more than once and I don't think it's random : when I copied the script I have created or edited in Ubuntu onto a thumb drive and moved it to XP, it's found to be corrupted. This is confirmed by running the Windows utility chkdsk.

Going the other way seems fine, i.e. moving script files from WinXP to Rkward.

Has any one had this problem? Any trick to fix it?

Thanks.