[rkward-devel] output character encoding

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Feb 5 18:31:39 UTC 2010

hi,

i don't know if this is related to me dealing with SPSS data from windows
machines a lot: when the output window contains umlaut strings from character
variables, i always have to manually switch the encoding to UTF-8 (in the view
menu) to get a correct display. it's the default encoding on my system. it
would be nice if i could make this a permanent setting somehow.

then i played with the rk_out.html file a little. i thought it could use a
proper header and just added some lines to it by hand:

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <head></head>
     [ rest of rk_out.html ]

this also corrected the malformed umlaut characters, because they're rendered
with the given encoding. so i think a permanent setting should probably only
affect this header section, which would first have to be added to the output
of course ;-) what do you think?

heinrich-heine-universit"at 40225 d"usseldorf