[rkward-devel] two minor annoyances

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Sun Dec 5 18:34:25 UTC 2010

hi,

there's two things i stumble across from time to time i find quite annoying:

let's say:
 - open file->export->write table
   - under "name of the file" open the file browser
   - write any new file name in the "name" input field
   - hit enter

no 1: on my machines i'm always told the file could not be opened (which is of
course true, because we were just about to create it in this process). RKWard
should just take the file name and create a new file in the end.

a workaround gets us to the next problem:
   - workaround: chose an existing file (say "old_file.txt")
   - back in the "write as table" dialog, rename it (say "new_file.txt")

no 2: if i mark the "old" in "old_file.txt" and start to type "new", i'll end
up with "n_file.txtew", because after i typed the first letter the cursor
automatically jumps to the end of the line. it should just stay where i put
it.

can you confirm this?

heinrich-heine-universit"at 40225 d"usseldorf