[rkward-devel] Request for feedback on new plugin features, and plot history

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Aug 4 12:35:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 03 August 2010, meik michalke wrote:
> i'm really busy, but i had a look:

take your time, I won't get around to working on this too soon, anyway.

> :-) what i didn't get yet is how script results could toggle elements on or
>
> off, but that's probably just a "spend more time on it" thing. it is
> possible, right?

Yes. It's based on the same properties that you manipulate with the old
<connect>-elements (and those continue to work, too). For controlling the
state of elements, that's "someid.enabled", "someid.required", and
"someid.visible". You can set these (and any other property) using
	gui.setValue ("someid.enabled", true);
etc. Of course we could also make it possible to write
	gui.getChild ("someid").setEnabled (true);
instead, if you think that's better.

> by using kross, even python calls are now possible in the script block, am
> i right? this could solve my problem with system calls as well (by using
> os.popen(call).read()).

Well, it is using kross, but I'm somewhat reluctant to set this design
decision in stone. The interpreter is currently hardcoded to be qtscript (i.e.
javascript). But as said back then, I think we can add support for system
calls, here.