[rkward-devel] [rkward-users] problem installing on Mac

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Apr 30 14:03:51 UTC 2010

Hi Roel,

thanks for providing your feedback. Let's see what we can do:

Roel Verberne schrieb:
>> CMake Error: The source directory "/Users/Home/rkward_trunk" does not
>> appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
>> Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
> moving the /build folder into the /rkward_trunk/rkward folder solves
> this problem.

Indeed. I'll update the instructions in a minute.

> Running the cmake command again completes the build, however I still get
> an error message:
>> CMake Error at /sw/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:58 (MESSAGE):
>>   ERROR: Could not find KDE4 kde4-config
>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>>   CMakeLists.txt:10 (FIND_PACKAGE)
>>

>> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
> I checked whether kde4-config file was installed properly and it is
> installed under: Macintosh HD/opt/local/bin (the default location
> installing kde4 using fink, I guess). The install file said the command
> is used to set the install base directory, so I tried setting it to
> /opt/local/bin, but I keep getting the same error, which seems to be
> caused by the
>> FIND_PACKAGE(KDE4 REQUIRED)
> line in the CMakeLists.txt file.

Ok, try /opt/local without the "bin":
   cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/local -DR_EXECUTABLE=...
.

I am not quite sure, whether the build might need to have KDE in the
path. So - if the above does not help - try
   export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/lib:$PATH
before running cmake.

Once again, thanks for your feedback, and keep us posted on your success
or failure. I'm really eager to get things to work on the Mac.