[rkward-devel] One more preview release: RKWard 0.5.3-pre3

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 04:23:14 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> On Friday 23 April 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
>> 1. Any one have the "insanely wide window" problem. For example,
>> Configure repositories > Fetch list > Cancel: the resulting message
>> window is at least three or four screens wide. I'll try to do some
>> more testing tonight and update.
>
> Which message window?

It probably was a old rkwardrc issue, removed it, and started fresh:
no more of wide windows...  a false alarm, sorry!

>> [*] Side note: Got hold of a X200 tablet (w/ win7) for the class I am
>> teaching. I was planning to show some distribution behaviors but at
>> every other thing rkward would get stuck, so I decided to use my
>> Debian laptop in the end.
>
> Hm, that doesn't sound so good. Has anybody else tried RKWard on Windows 7,
> yet? Did you use the installer, or compilation using emerge?

I used the installer. It is a very low-power machine (may be 1.6 Ghz
single core) used mainly for in-class lectures. So I wasn't too
surprised.

--
Prasenjit