[rkward-devel] [rkward-users] Quick survey: Still using RKWard for KDE 3

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 20:22:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

On 9/30/09, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to conduct a quick informal survey to determine whether/when
> further
> backports to KDE 3 are needed.
>
> 1) Are you still using RKWard for KDE 3 (i.e. RKWard 0.4.9x or lower)?

YES. (rkward 0.4.9b, OR the relevant svn branch - depending on developments)

> (No need to respond if the answer is "no").

Statistically, it is important to get the "no" responses too ;)

> 2) If so, which version of R do you use with that?

Currently, R 2.8.2, but this updates from time to time....

> 3) Are there any specific reasons that keep you from upgrading?

Yes: no control over the department's servers. They use RedHat EL,
currently at 5.3.

[Aside:
I am not sure if RedHat EL 6 will include KDE 4, though SLE 11.0
already has KDE 4.1.3. Do any universities in US (or anywhere else for
that matter) use Canonical for their enterprise Linux solutions?]

> Thanks!
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Thanks for keeping KDE3 port alive. I can totally understand if you
decide not to in future (if yes/(no+yes) << 1).

Prasenjit