[rkward-devel] Current SVN dpkg-buildpackage: Startup error

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Oct 7 16:38:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wednesday 07 October 2009, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Building a svn checkout as of 14:15 today, I get the following at startup:

[...]

> Error: .rk.app.version == "0.5.2-pre1" is not TRUE

You should also have got a dialog with a somewhat more elaborate (if perhaps
not overly helpful) message?

Anyway, this indicates that the version of
   library (rkward)
does not match the application version, i.e. some kind of installation
problem. Most of the time, all you're missing is a simple
   make install
However, sometimes the problem is that you have several versions of the
library installed, in separate locations. This may happen when mixing
"packaged" installs (i.e. .debs) with "manual" installs with differing library
installation paths. Generally,
   sudo R CMD REMOVE rkward
and then repeating the installation will get rid of the conflicting
installation. In case it does not, you may need to remove from each path in
.libPaths().

Note that there is a separate message if the wrong .rc-files (in the KDE
directory) are found. But that one is slightly harder to get, in my experience
;-).