[rkward-devel] Provide a UI for CRAN mirrors

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 17:58:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

2009/11/26 meik michalke <Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de>:
> Am Donnerstag, 26. November 2009 12:05:35 schrieb Prasenjit Kapat:
>> This has been a very long standing itch of mine - to get rid of the
>> ugly (and very minimally informative) Tcl/Tk box to choose the CRAN
>> mirrors (one that pops up during install.packages or update.packages
>> or ...). Basically, to set options(repos=c(CRAN=....)) with an actual
>> url instead of '@CRAN@'.
>
> i like the idea :-) theoretically you could replace @CRAN@ with a mirror of
> your choice, but a combobox to me seems more flexible and intuitive (however,
> consequently it should fully replace the @CRAN@ entry).

Yeah, that would be great. Unfortunately I've no idea how to do that
:-( I think this will need a lot  more structural changes in the code.
We could include all the entries in /etc/R/repositories in the listbox
here and store the selected ones in ~/.R/repositories -- a GUI for
setRepositories()!

Regards,
--
Prasenjit