[rkward-devel] Provide a UI for CRAN mirrors

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 11:05:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

This has been a very long standing itch of mine - to get rid of the
ugly (and very minimally informative) Tcl/Tk box to choose the CRAN
mirrors (one that pops up during install.packages or update.packages
or ...). Basically, to set options(repos=c(CRAN=....)) with an actual
url instead of '@CRAN@'.

I've added a combobox (see attached image). But there is a bug:

Every time rkward is started, the repos url is set to "" (empty). Once
you go to Settings > R-packages  and set a 'CRAN download mirror' and
click apply, only then the repos url is set properly.

Hopefully someone can figure out away to fix this. I've reached the
limits of my (extremely minimal) C++/Qt knowledge!

What happens now is that when you Configure Packages > install > Fetch
list, the ugly Tcl/Tk box does not show up. The list gets downloaded
from the chosen cran mirror.

--
Prasenjit