[rkward-devel] cmake fails to find R library folder

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue May 26 12:01:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tuesday 26 May 2009, I. Soumpasis wrote:
> After the last update in svn cmake fails to find the R library folder. I am
> pasting the messages from the cmake.

ok, thanks for reporting this soon. I guess I'll have to back out that change.
One question though:

> -- Checking for R package library location to use
> -- Not detected and not specified.
> CMake Error at rkward/rbackend/FindR.cmake:100 (MESSAGE):
>   No existing library location found

What does
      R CMD sh -c 'echo $R_LIBS:$R_LIBS_SITE'
print?

> Linking CXX executable rkward.bin
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libRblas.so, needed by /opt/R/lib/libR.so, not found
[...]
> This is strange because libR.so and libRblas.so are in the same folder.

Indeed, that's strange, and I don't quite understand, why we need to help ld,
here. That's why I thought I could simply rip out the workaround code. Well,
things should work again in a few minutes.