[rkward-devel] cmake fails to find R library folder

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 18:53:50 UTC 2009

2009/5/26 Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>

> ok, thanks for reporting this soon. I guess I'll have to back out that
> change.
> One question though:
>

> > -- Checking for R package library location to use
> > -- Not detected and not specified.
> > CMake Error at rkward/rbackend/FindR.cmake:100 (MESSAGE):
> > No existing library location found
>

> What does
> R CMD sh -c 'echo $R_LIBS:$R_LIBS_SITE'
> print?

Hi Thomas

Actually prints nothing.

R CMD sh -c 'echo $R_LIBS:$R_LIBS_SITE'
:

I compiled R myself in the /opt directory and I made a link of the
executable R in the /usr/bin directory. I assume that this makes rkward find
the R directory. Still it is strange that finds correct the R directory the
R/lib directory but fails with the R/library.

Regards,
Ilias