[rkward-devel] Dependencies for building from SVN?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu May 21 07:52:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thursday 21 May 2009, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> ~/rkward_trunk/rkward/rkward/rkwardapplication.cpp:22:19: error:
> X11/X.h: No such file or directory

oh, yes, right. I've just fixed up the .deb for that problem, but somehow I
failed to make a connection to the compilation instructions...

Installing libx11-dev *should* be enough. Qt4 used to depend on this, but does
not any longer.

> Should libx11-dev be added to first apt-get install line?

Yes.

> Is this Debian (/Sid) specific? Can someone confirm this for Ubuntu?

Whether it is debian specific or not, adding that to the apt-get line can't do
any harm.