[rkward-devel] RKWard 0.5.0c-test5

stfs stfs at fs-analyse.dk
Mon Mar 30 09:16:32 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-30 01:10, meik michalke wrote:
> am Sonntag, 29. März 2009 (23:40) schrieb meik michalke:
>
>> i have built a .deb for hardy including that small fix:
>>  o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/rkward_0.5.0c-test5-1~hardy1_i386.deb
>>

> ... and used dpatch to create a diff file to build the .deb from
> the .orig.tar.gz sources:
>  o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/rkward_0.5.0c-test5-1~hardy1.diff.gz
>
> this adds dpatch to the build dependencies (only for hardy, though), but makes
> changes for one distro easy and obvious, since they all end up in the
> debian/patches directory. if there are other hardy users out there, i'd
> appreciate some testing, if that's ok...
>

> viele grüße :: m.eik

Hi
I just set up a test machine with hardy 8.04.2 Desktop 32bit, R 2.8.1
and tested it. It complains that it can't find kde4-config.

I have tried two methods and get essential the same error

I have pulled the source from svn

And I tried the method Thomas described earlier (making a deb package):

> Could you please try the following steps, and write back on the results:
>
> In your /etc/apt/sources.list add this line:
> 	deb-src http://rkward.sourceforge.net/debian ./
> Now go to a temporary directory and enter:
> 	apt-get source rkward
> This should pull you the 0.5.0c-test3 sources and build scripts. Then:
> 	sudo apt-get build-dep rkward
> This will install everything needed to compile. Two additional ones:
> 	sudo apt-get install dpkg-dev
> 	sudo apt-get install fakeroot
> These are needed to create debian packages. Now inside your temporary
> directory:
> 	cd rkward-0.5.0c-test3
> 	dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
> Now your temporary directory (cd ..) should contain a .deb built for your
> system. Install that and test.

Regards
Finn