[rkward-devel] RKWard 0.5.0c testing, ubuntu intrepid

dns_hmpf at web.de dns_hmpf at web.de
Fri Mar 27 17:47:48 UTC 2009

Hi :)

nice to see live in this project. OK, here come some bugs seen with
rkward_0.5.0c-test2-1_i386.deb under ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) with KDE 4.2.1 and
R 2.7.1-2 (that's the Version in the official uuntu repositories for Intrepid.).
The same bugs occur with rkward from the ubuntu repositories.

The first is the missing plugins error, rendering rkward unusable. I described
it in more detail here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rkward/+bug/272527/comments/15

The rkward package from the ubuntu repositories has the all.pluginmap and stuff
in '/usr/share/apps/rkward' (at least in intrepid and jaunty, which are both
kde4 only) while your version puts it to
'/usr/lib/kde4/share/kde4/apps/rkward/all.pluginmap'. Symlinking resolves that
issue, but another bug raises its ugly head. >:)

Now the editor is missing, along with the option to create or open a script
file. As I mentioned a few days ago here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rkward/+bug/272527/comments/15 the
same issue comes with the ubuntu repositorie version of rkward (also in jaunty
64bit), but a svn built works fine (tested that only in jaunty 64bit, till
now), so it is probably a packaging issue.

Oh and there is no RKWard-Icon. :)

Cheers Dirk

p.s. And thanks for the software it was a real help during my thesis.