[rkward-devel] Getting ready to release RKWard 0.5.0c - Call for testing

stfs stfs at fs-analyse.dk
Fri Mar 27 12:20:55 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-26 22:18, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> I'm following the list, but not a developer, just let me know if it is
>> not appropriate for me to post.
>>

> everything concering RKWard development is welcome on this list. No need to CC
> me, when writing to the list, though.
>

>> I installed it over the former 0.5.0 version. When I start from command
>> line it spews a bunch of what appears to be warnings about KAction
>>  (is this a conflict of shortcuts?) like this:
>>
>> rkward(16804): Shortcut for KAction  "window_show_workspace" "Show/Hide
>> Workspace Browser" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction
>> documentation.
>>

> I've seen these, but they appear to be harmless, and so I'll ignore these
> messages for this release. We'll deal with this when there is more time to
> check for unexpected side-effects.
>

>> rkward(19203): Error parsing XML document: "tag mismatch" at line 24
>> column 11
>>

> Can you pin-point where precisely this last one comes from? Probably a
> specific help-page in your workspace. Can you identify, which one?
>
> Regards
> Thomas

An update - I researched further
First to make it clear I use ubunt 8.10 Desktop, 32bit and R 2.8.1
I just installed rkward rev2416. I didn't see any obvious differences
0.5.0c-test1 so I assume these errors are the same as before.

#These warnings occur when opening a r-source file (I'm aware they are
harmless):

rkward(10522): Shortcut for KAction  "runblock0" "1 (Unused)" set with
QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
rkward(10522): Shortcut for KAction  "runblock1" "2 (Unused)" set with
QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
rkward(10522): Shortcut for KAction  "runblock2" "3 (Unused)" set with
QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
rkward(10522): Shortcut for KAction  "runblock3" "4 (Unused)" set with
QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
rkward(10522): Shortcut for KAction  "runblock4" "5 (Unused)" set with
QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
rkward(10522): Shortcut for KAction  "runblock5" "6 (Unused)" set with
QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.

#These errors/warnings happen when I choose to 'edit' an object (ie.
open it in the data grid):

#This happens immediately when right clicking the object
Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.

#This happens when it opens
rkward(10522): Error parsing XML document: "tag mismatch" at line 24
column 11

#this happens again immediately after opening
Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.

Another thing happens that is really strange:
If I choose to open a another existing workspace either via

Workspace > Open Recent
or
Workspace > Open

All open r-sorce files and open help pages are kept open which get the
old and the new project mixed up. This also happens when I open the
current workspace (ie. open it again when it's already open) such that
all open files and help files are duplicated.

Regards
Finn