[rkward-devel] PHP issues for RKWard on Windows (XP)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jun 17 11:35:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wednesday 17 June 2009, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> For some reason, php is not being recognized, even after setting the
> path from Settings > Configure Rkward > PHP Backend - the actual path
> is "C:\Program Files\PHP\php.exe" but the path that is displayed is
> "C:/Program Files/PHP/php.exe" - "/" instead of "\"

the slashes should not be the problem. In general Qt is smart enough to simply
handle that (and AFAIK it always uses the forward slashes, internally). I
suspect it's the space-in-the-path issue once again. I have an idea on how to
address that. Watch out for
   http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/install_rkward_0.5.1-pre2c.exe
(will appear in a few hours).

> Btw, where is rkwardrc? Did not see it in C:\KDE4\share\config nor in
> C:\Doc..ings\user\.kde\share\config!

It tooks me a long time to find that, as well.

For me it's in (translating the file-paths from the German version of Windows
XP, so probably not quite correct):
C:\Documents\User\Application Data\.kde\share\config\rkwardrc