[rkward-devel] QtScript

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jun 16 08:58:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Monday 15 June 2009, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> I wonder if there is any news regarding QtScript. Will it be the future or
> are there other candidates/suggestions/solutions?

no, not really. I have looked at bit closer at Kross, and that seems like a
good solution for the implementation (also, it's already in kdelibs). However,
Kross is only the bridge, not the scripting language itself. In theory Kross
supports using a variety of different scripting languages, but I think that's a
terribly good idea in the long run.

QtScript still is the most likely candidate for the language, I think.g
However, I'd like to do a bit of experimenting, before reaching a final
decision.

One pre-requisite to working on this, is to have basic automatic plugin
testing (see
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Feature_Plan#Automated_Plugin_Testing
), so we don't run into too many unpleasant surprises.