[rkward-devel] rules revised

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jul 30 13:35:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Monday 27 July 2009, meik michalke wrote:
> am Montag, 27. Juli 2009 (17:30) schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > This appears to work (at least the ubuntu 8.04 patch is not applied,
> > here),
>
> fine; i was hoping so, because it worked with different ubuntu versions,
> but you never know... (you can change the condition to test how it would
> turn out if the patch was applied -- the "clean" rule safely removes the
> patch again from the sources, nothing to worry about)

I just realized, though, that the command "lsb_release" is not even installed
on debian by default. In this case that's not a problem, but to really
differentiate the various debian flavors using this technique, we'd need to
build-depend on lsb-release. That's possible, but pulls some further depends,
including lsb and python.

However since this is a debian package, perhaps we don't need the full
flexibility of lsb_release after all: Could you check
	/etc/debian_version
or
	/etc/issue
on your various Ubuntus? (On debian/sid the files have:
	squeeze/sid
and
	Debian GNU/Linux squeeze/sid \n \l
respectively).