[rkward-devel] Call for testing: RKWard 0.5.1-pre4 / updated release schedule

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Sat Jul 25 21:13:08 UTC 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009 14:10:24 Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have extended the release timeline for RKWard 0.5.1, slightly, and
> prepared another preview release (0.5.1-pre4). If you can find the time,
> please do some testing, and provide your feedback, if possible, until
> Monday, July 27.
>
> The deadline for translations is also extended to July 27.
>
> Downloads for windows and linux/unix are linked from the download page:
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Download_RKWar
>d .
>
> The updated release schedule can be found in the wiki at:
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Release_Schedu
>le .
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Tested under Debian/Sid. I'm pleased to tell: "No issues, no crashes". I tested a bunch of plug-ins,
package update, Help, HTML output, ..., stuff a user would do.

While working with packages I was wondering if we should make loading a local package/library more
obvious. I mean "Settings"->"Configure Packages" is not a place were I would try to find and load a
package/library. Even our hint in the RKWard help is brief and hard to find for a novice. What do
you think?

Regards
Stefan