[rkward-devel] Status update

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Jul 22 17:39:10 UTC 2009

hi,

On Monday 20 July 2009 20:50:07 Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> >  here's what i've done so far, which is not much yet, perhaps you find
> >  some bugs:
> >  o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/irt_tests.tar.bz2
>
> That's absolutely correct! More of that, please!

i've added a missing test for the cronbach alpha dialog (using the "fuzzy
output" option for the first time in history, it seems ;-)) and cleaned up a
little:
 o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/irt_tests.diff

since one can't use the results of one test in another, i wonder what would be
best practice to test all the plot and goodness-of-fit parts that need the
estimated parameters produced by the tested functions?

i see three possible ways:

1. recalculate the estimates a second time
2. save all needed objects from a test run and store them in tests/MYTESTSUITE
   as well somehow
3. pave the way in test suite design to make objects re-usable if necessary

option 1 seems to me a waste of cpu time, and would slow down each test run.
option 2 would produce some redundancies (saved objects and result outputs)
and use up disk space. so i'd vote for option 3 ;-)

what say you?

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf