[rkward-devel] Status update

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Jul 16 14:30:11 UTC 2009

hi thomas,

On Monday 29 June 2009 22:22:20 Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Anyway: Automated Plugin Testing. [...] Let me know, where I need to
> elaborate on the documentation, or where things just don't work as they
> should.

first of all, there seem to be two show stopping typos in the wiki:
  .rk.rerun.plugin.link < .rk.rerun.plugin.link.replacement
should be
  .rk.rerun.plugin.link <- .rk.rerun.plugin.link.replacement

and
  rktest.setRKTestSuiteStandards(suite)
should read
  rktest.setSuiteStandards(suite)
shouldn't it? [think i could use a wiki account as well ;-)]

i'm working on some tests for the irt plugins. there's some things that don't
run as smooth as i'd like them to:

 - when trying "run -> run all" on any test file from a running rkward
   session, i get only an error that the directory cannot be changed. this
   doesn't happen when i run them in an instance of rkward that was started by
   "make plugintests". is that to be expected? there should be some
   information in the docs on that.

 - when started with the whole test suite, my tests fail with the following
   error message:
<snip>
[1] "Differences between /home/m/software/rkward-0.5.1-
pre3/tests/item_response_theory/rasch_parameter_estimation.messages.txt and
/home/m/software/rkward-0.5.1-
pre3/tests/item_response_theory/RKTestStandard.rasch_parameter_estimation.messages.txt
:"
[1] "1,3d0"
[2] "< Error in rk.call.plugin(\"rkward::par_est_rasch\", constraint.available
= \"\",  : "
[3] "<   Not all specified settings could be applied. Most likely this is
because some R objects are no longer present in your current workspace."
[4] "< The plugin could not be auto-submitted with these settings."
</snip>

   but when i start them from inside the very same running rkward session,
   they pass without errors. frankly, i don't get it ;-)

it took me a little trial and error to find out how i can finally run a test
i've created. when i was ready to test my first script, it didn't seem quite
obvious what to do, actually. it couldn't be run within a normal rkward
session, so i added it to all_tests.R and did it the "make" way. is there
another way? some elaborate information on how to actually run and debug new
test scripts would be very useful.

here's what i've done so far, which is not much yet, perhaps you find some
bugs:
 o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/irt_tests.tar.bz2

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf