[rkward-devel] Ctrl+S conflicting

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 07:29:27 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Since KDE 4.2 is about to release, I am test driving it on a separate
partition... So, I checked out the trunk of rkward from svn and am
giving it a spin... The compile seems to work without any errors (lots
of warnings, of course).

When a script editor window is open, pressing Ctrl+S to save the file,
results in a conflict with the "Save Workspace" shortcut. This is
observed using the svn trunk of rkward and KDE 4.1.85 on Kubuntu 8.10.

I presume Thomas is busy so any clarification will take time..

I was fiddling with the svn code myself. Lines 349 - 352 of rkward.cpp
specifically sets Qt:ControlModifier + Qt::ShiftModifier + Qt::Key_S
as the action shortcut for "Save Workspace" but, the Shift modifier
seems to be ignored, as shown below:

fileSaveWorkspace = actionCollection ()->addAction
KStandardAction::Save, "file_savex", this,
LOT(slotFileSaveWorkspace()));
fileSaveWorkspace->setText (i18n ("Save Workspace"));
fileSaveWorkspace->setShortcut (Qt::ControlModifier +
t::ShiftModifier + Qt::Key_S);
fileSaveWorkspace->setStatusTip (i18n ("Saves the actual document"));

One solution (that works) is to change the Save shortcut of "Kate
Part"  from Kate to something other than Ctrl+S. But that an
outside-of-rkward solution.

I've filed a bug report on this for rkward, so that it doesn't get
lost. Any one seen this issue? Any clue? As of now, I've commented the
above four lines in rkward.cpp for my local compilation.

I can ask on kde devel list about this, but I am not at all familiar
with the structure of rkward codes, so it may seem pretty lame!

--
Prasenjit