[rkward-devel] rkward on planetkde

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 05:47:43 UTC 2009

Hi All,

A mighty thanks to Thomas. A few things that was on my mind:

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:

> 1. Make (a) new release(s). This is definitely step 1 of any roadmap. Pretty

[snip]

An old problem: r.xml syntax file from rkward conflicts with that from
katepart. Is it possible to create another one, say, r-rkward.xml so
that deb packages don't conflict? Or will it mess with katepart?

> 2. Create a Windows-port. I think it is important to address this in the not

[snip]

In general for further core development : Are there any differences
between KDE 4.0's API and 4.2's? I certainly don't have any knowledge
of all these, but I think it should be important. All those K** and
Q** functions - have they changed in behavior from the time Thomas
wrote them?

One more thing: (this depends on the "userbase" of rkward): would it
be helpful to provide a rolling release (NON official) from svn trunk
via launchpad (for *buntu) ppa archives? Now I am biased here towards
*buntu, but anything similar for debian/rpm packages could be
considered too. If we are the only ones using it, then the effort
involved might not be worth it!!

--
Prasenjit