[rkward-devel] php (5.2.11) backend error with R 2.10 on KDE3

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 21:15:46 UTC 2009

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 03 December 2009, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
>> w/o us + p-5.3.1-1 (for RHEL5 'remi') : does not work, segfaults. [*,+]
>
> interesting. Perhaps this segfault can help pointing to the source of the
> problem. Could you run in this setup, again, setting the debug-level to 5
> (Settings->Configure RKWard->Debug) before starting the plugin?

Just a quick update, although I am not sure if you want to spend time on this.

On the KDE 3 version, there is no Debug option, so I ran with
--debug-level 5 switch. Attached are the 'end' portions of the stderr
output. The rkw-exp-  file is the output when using the Export plugin
from a simple plot (no segfault here); and the rkw-clt- file is the
output when using the clt plugin (it does segfault here). To get the
'end' portions, I did a 'cat /dev/null > rkw-*.2.out' just before
running the plugins. I do have the full output while running the clt
plugin, let me know if you need it.

Thanks
--
Prasenjit