[rkward-devel] rules revised

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Aug 1 12:20:40 UTC 2009

On Friday 31 July 2009, meik michalke wrote:
> yes, we could take the information from /etc/issue. i wanted to test it
> with ubuntu 8.04, but it comes with debhelper 6.0.4, and rkward now depends
> on >=7.0.0. is that a recent development or have i just missed that because
> of my own hacks for hardy packages?

I did that in 0.5.0d-2, because the previous debhelper compatibility version
(4) had become deprecated. However, setting this to 6 is still allowed, so I
did that in SVN.

There is another issue, which may be harder to fix, though: I dropped the cmake
and libphonon-dev build-depends (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=531086). I believe they are probably still required on
hardy, though, as kdelibs5-dev there fails to depend on them(?). So to build
the .deb on hardy, you'd have to install those manually. Do you see a solution
for that?

BTW, is there a semi-official source for KDE 4.1 or 4.2 on hardy? Those
packaging issues really aren't the only problems with KDE 4.0.x, so perhaps,
instead of trying to work around them, we should recommend to upgrade the kde4
packages? What do you think?