[rkward-devel] RKWard Wiki

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Apr 29 20:28:54 UTC 2009

Hi!

The RKWard wiki has had all sorts of technical issues for a while, now. Today
I found out, that no editing seems to be possible anymore, at all.

I suppose this could be fixed somehow, but our wiki installation would likely
require adminstrative attention again and again in the future. By now,
sourceforge also offers a site-wide Mediawiki installation. The main
advantage is that we will not need to worry about technical maintainance at
all. The drawbacks are that there is no way to make the wiki blend into the
rkward website layout as before. Also, users need to sign up with sourceforge
in order to edit.

Well take a look for yourself:
http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Main_Page . If
there are no better ideas, I'll remove the old wiki, and try to point all
existing links to this, in a few days.

All old pages (except for some spam) should be imported along with their
history. I could not match some usernames to sourceforge-ids (Thierry, this
is why you are in BCC), and I'm not quite sure on some others. So if you
edited the old wiki, and you care, please take a look at the page histories,
and contact me, if necessary.

Please do not make any real edits, before Monday. Should there be any
problems, I may have to re-import the old pages, and that would overwrite
your changes. For testing purposes use this page:
http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Playground .