[rkward-devel] R 2.8.0 breaks rkward

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Tue Oct 21 02:08:53 UTC 2008

Hello.

I maintain Ubuntu packages on CRAN for amd64.  Today, the new version of
R (2.8.0) came out, and I am unable to build an rkward package based
around 2.8.0.  Turns out the decision has been made to remove Rdevices.h
and Rgraphics.h from the installed portion of R.  They still exist in
the source code, however.  Since Rdevices.h is not available to ubuntu,
the build fails under hardy and intrepid.  Same problem with the package
rpy.

Not sure what the fix is, but at this point I think we are going to
release R 2.8.0 builds for ubuntu without an update to rkward.  Would
have found this sooner, but testing packages is one of the last things
on the list.

Thanks,
Michael
--