[rkward-devel] questions on RKWard

Horace Tso Horace.Tso at pgn.com
Wed Nov 5 22:34:16 UTC 2008

Folks,

I'm making progress moving from Windows to Linux and have RKward up and running. I read somewhere that Rkward's supposed to be the Tinn-R for linux and Tinn-R has worked out great for me. So naturally I'd like to do the following, if possible,

1. How to ask Rkward not to load the last saved image. Right now whenever it starts, it loads an image from some obscure corner of my directory. I can't quite figure out where it gets that image from. On the command line, I can do --no-restore. But there seems to be no place to sneak in these command line options under Rkward.  A startup config file hidden somewhere?

2. Customize CTRL-keys. Just out of the box, many menu options do not have a control key associated with them. Any way to pick my favorite key?

3. I'm used to typing ?command on the R-console and get a HTML help page pops up. But when I do that, a shockingly large window comes up and complains in many words about some error which I can't quite figure out what it's saying (sorry don't have linux in front of me right now).

4. I see there is an 'Output' tab by default. But command results are sent to R-console, and nothing seems to happen in 'Output'.

I have R 2.7.1 running under KDE on openSUSE 10.3.

TIA.

Horace