[rkward-devel] Segfault loading package RWeka

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jan 25 12:37:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Thursday 24 January 2008, Egert, Bjoern wrote:
> while loading the package "RWeka" I get the following segmentation
[...]
> any ideas why this happens ?

not really, no. But I confirm that it does happen reproducibly, also with
RKWard 0.5.0a. On a hunch I tried out quter by Deepayan Sarkar, which is
another (incomplete, and apparently abandoned) Qt4-based GUI for R. It has
the exact same problem. Of course it also uses a similar approach of putting
R in a separate thread, however a minimal test with R in a separate thread,
but no qt loads the package alright.

So my guess is that somehow the weka code and qt clash at some point. I really
don't have enough knowledge of weka and java to even know where to start
looking. Perhaps you could try asking the RWeka maintainer for ideas.