[rkward-devel] RKWard 0.5.0 for KDE4 is released

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jan 22 13:10:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Detlef Steuer wrote:
> /home/steuer/Softtest/rkward-0.5.0/rkward/misc/rkstandardactions.cpp: In
> function ‘KAction* RKStandardActions::runLine(KActionCollection*, const
> QString&, const QObject*, const char*)’:
> /home/steuer/Softtest/rkward-0.5.0/rkward/misc/rkstandardactions.cpp:31:
> error: invalid conversion from ‘QAction*’ to ‘KAction*’

I think you need a more recent kdelibs. As far as I can see, in KDE SVN the
bits needed to make this compile were added on October, 29, 2007:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/actions/kactioncollection.h?view=diff&r1=730651&r2=730652

There a few further places in the rkward code that rely on KDE API additions
in the November timeframe. Your best bet is to use kdelibs 4.0.0, but I think
RC2 should do as well.