[rkward-devel] Is there any way to re-configure a installed Rkward to another R installation?

Vladimir Morozov vmorozov at als.net
Thu Feb 14 16:25:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

Is there any way to re-configure a installed Rkward to another R
installation? If it is installed via yum, it picks up the old R
installation on my system. I can't configure it from source, because
"configure" fails:
[root at rstats rkward-0.4.9]# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
--libdir=/usr/lib64
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for X... libraries /usr/lib64, headers .
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for libXext... no
configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed. Since configure
can't find it itself, we stop here assuming that make wouldn't find
them either.

Althou i have it
[root at rstats rkward-0.4.9]# locate libXext
/usr/NX/lib/libXext.so
/usr/NX/lib/libXext.so.6
/usr/NX/lib/libXext.so.6.4
/usr/lib/libXext.so.6
/usr/lib/libXext.so.6.4.0
/usr/lib64/libXext.so.6
/usr/lib64/libXext.so.6.4.0
/usr/share/doc/libXext-1.0.1
/usr/share/doc/libXext-1.0.1/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/libXext-1.0.1/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/libXext-1.0.1/ChangeLog
/usr/share/doc/libXext-1.0.1/INSTALL
/usr/share/doc/libXext-1.0.1/README

Rkward 0.5 can't be compiled on my fedora6, because KDE4 is not
avaliable for it...

Thanks
Vlad