[rkward-devel] Failure to withdraw window

Matthieu Stigler stigler3 at etu.unige.ch
Sun Feb 3 13:38:41 UTC 2008

Hello

I'm facing some problem with the graphics in RKward. It arrives often
that after some time the window doesn't appear. An error message is
given in the terminal:

rkward: *** Embed 60817409 into 44054206. window=0
rkward: > before reparent: parent=0x57
rkward: > Loop 0: > reparent of 0x3a00001 into 0x2a036be successful
kio_file: WARNING: Couldn't preserve access and modification time for
/media/sda5/Mes documents/Uni/Mémoire/DonnéesR/Scripts
R/Nlar/selectSETARmat.r~
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  20
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x2a03775
rkward: *** Embed 60817409 into 44054567. window=0
rkward:  failure to withdraw window

I can't reproduce this bug exactly at a given moment but encounter it
nearly every day. Do you have an idea? Maybe is it a memory problem,
because I deal with big computations. Should I send more informations
about the session? You will find some at the bottom.

Maybe is it due to a bad compilation of Rkward 0.4.9. I have Ubuntu 7.10
and was unable to use the debian package (still a kdelibs4c2a dependency
problem, I have the 4: 3-5-8 version) and compiled it myself (so maybe
badly).

Otherwise, I'm a little bit confused using Rkward when I try to stop a
command. Take following example:
example<-function(x) {
x^2
If one runs this code and forgets the second bracket he won't be able to
run an other command.

The user has the solution:
-just select a bracket and run it, which can give an error message
-go to the pending jobs interface, push "pause the execution"  or
"cancel the operation" but after it the user won't be able to run a new
command.

So my question is if it is possible to add a button next the run button
to stop everything like in the Windows Rgui?

Something more... I have sometimes the problem that there are many "run"
buttons. See the picture (if you can receive it).

Finally I want to thank you much for what you do for Rkward. It is
really nice and every time I come back on the windows session to Rgui I
feel bad!

Matthieu

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.1 (2007-11-26)
i486-pc-linux-gnu

locale:
LC_CTYPE=fr_CH.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=fr_CH.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=fr_CH.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=fr_CH.UTF-8;LC_MESSAGES=fr_CH.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=fr_CH.UTF-8;LC_NAME=fr_CH.UTF-8;LC_ADDRESS=fr_CH.UTF-8;LC_TELEPHONE=fr_CH.UTF-8;LC_MEASUREMENT=fr_CH.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=fr_CH.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] tsDyn_0.5-7  mgcv_1.3-29  rkward_0.4.8

[1] nnet_7.2-40        tools_2.6.1        tseries_0.10-13
tseriesChaos_0.1-8