[rkward-devel] Preview releases of RKWard 0.5.0b and 0.4.9a

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Apr 15 11:13:14 UTC 2008

Hi!

Current releases of rkward are not source-compatible with the upcoming R 2.7,
so we need to publish a maintenance releases rather soonish, preferrably by
the end of this week. I hate to rush it like this, but I just did not get
around to working on it any sooner.

I have prepared two previews, one for the KDE 3 branch and one for the KDE 4
branch. It would be nice, if many of you could do at least some *basic*
testing, to make sure the maintenance releases work on your systems. I.e.
compile the version suitable for your KDE installation, with whatever version
of R you have installed. Install, do some basic testing on features you care
about.

All recent developments have been included (if you have contributed something
and don't find it in the release, let me know), but overall only little has
happened since the last releases.

Here are the download links:
KDE 3: http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/rkward-0.4.9a-pre1.tar.gz
KDE 4: http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/rkward-0.5.0b-pre1.tar.gz

---- Translators ----

I have not kept track of string changes. There definitely should not be much,
but if you have the time, you may want to check your translations for needed
updates. As usual, the latest .po files are included in the preview releases
in subdirectory "po".