[rkward-devel] bar plot

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Sep 24 15:32:58 UTC 2007

Hi Stefan,

On Monday 24 September 2007, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> I didin't see in the bar plot that it was not working for
> unchecked "tabulate". I tested it for "custom label" and "R expression"
> where it seemed to work. But according to your comments I was wrong. :(

the code was correct, but you accidentally added it within the "if
($tabulate)" block, so it simply would not have any effect unless that option
was checked. Nothing major.

> However, can you think of any other plot (besides pie chart) where this
> kind of label might be useful (I was thinking about embedding it too)?

As far as I can see, the remaining candidates would be dot chart and box plot.
I have not looked at whether the exact same solution is applicable, though.
Should you (or somebody else) want to take care of these, I think that's ok
before the second preview release (scheduled for Wednesday, but not sure
whether I'll have time to package, then, so maybe on Thursday). After that,
I'd like to strictly close development for anything but documentation and bug
fixes, however.

I suggest not to use embedding for now, to keep things as straight-forward as
possible. However, it's something we should keep in mind to revisit after the
release.

While at it, I think for plugins it will likely make sense to have a page (or
group of pages, like perhaps one for each of the main menu sections) in the
wiki, where we collect ideas on improvements for the various plugins. This is
just not managable in the TODO file or the tracker, but all those thoughts
should be stored somewhere. Anybody feel like starting such a page?