[rkward-devel] Linear regression plugin

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Sep 24 11:53:34 UTC 2007

On Monday 24 September 2007, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> Am Montag, 24. September 2007 01:47:45 schrieb Germán Márquez Mejía:

> > I've looked at the linear regression plug-in. Yes, it is basic. I
> > wonder if, at least for usefulness in 0.4.8, it is possible to add
> > some more simple "independent variable" fields (say, 4), so the user
> > can add more than one variable until an elaborated solution is ready.
>
> I think this will not be possible since the developmental and release
> branch were separated a couple of days ago. Sorry.

I've finally taken a look at the linear regression plugin. Allowing for
multiple predictors did not seem too hard to do, and highly useful, so I
added this for inclusion in 0.4.8.

While at it, I slashed down the .php file for now, by simply printing the
result with rk.print(), i.e. R2HTML. Since basically we were producing mostly
the same output, this seemed much easier, and safer for now. Also, previously
the description of the estimated coefficients was not included in the table,
and this was the easiest way to fix that. For the future, the code is still
in SVN, so we can revisit this later, when we want to improve the output
formatting. Is this ok with you?

Could you please take a look, and do some testing on this?