[rkward-devel] Status update

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:46:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

This is just a quick info for captcha with mediawiki...

On 9/17/07, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:

> About creating new users, I have not taken any actions so far, as there's
> still Prasenjits suggestion about using a Captcha to block bots. If anybody
> has the time to look into how this can be done with MediaWiki, it would be
> much appreciated.

http://recaptcha.net/plugins/mediawiki/

This looks to be very simple... Again, I have very little (or no) idea
on webpage programming / maintenance, so I might be wrong in my
simplistic assumptions...

> > Something of topic. I would like to have access to the rkward-mailing list
> > (besides the source forge service) via http://gmane.org/ . It's fast and
> > has some other advantages while reading on-line. Check it and find out if
> > you like it. If you do so I will apply there.

Yes, this looks to be really helpful. Nice one.

> No objections. Of course having the archive mirrored would be one more reason
> to make extra sure spam never reaches the archive in the first place.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

I am slightly busy for a few more days (mostly a week), after which
hopefully I can provide some time daily to this project...

Regards
PK