[rkward-devel] suggestion on Data Editor

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 05:28:41 UTC 2007

Hi,

Of late I am using the data editor extensively, not for editing, but
for viewing large dataframes. I realized that, in these situations the
"View" option of a dataframe is not at all friendly, rather, with a
non-Mono font, is quite clumsy. The spreadsheet structure of the
editor is too good as compared to the output of summary(data.frame) or
print(data.frame). I am sure some of you will agree with me.
  So, I was thinking if it is possible to have a read-only mode for
viewing a data frame in the spreadsheet structure. In other words,
View can be renamed as Summary and Edit can be split up into (a) Edit
in spreadsheet and (b) View in spreadsheet.
  Of course, this calls for extensive cpp code changes, where I am
utterly useless. The onus will be on the hardcore cpp coders. What do
you think?

Regards,
PK

PS: Nothing to do with KDE3 / KDE4.