[rkward-devel] KDE4 porting status

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:54:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

I will try to provide some info after I get home tonight... In the
meanwhile a few comments...

On 10/22/07, I. Soumpasis <nono.231 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/10/22, Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
> thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Monday 22 October 2007, I. Soumpasis wrote:
> > > 2007/10/22, I. Soumpasis <nono.231 at gmail.com>:
> > > CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> > > /home/user/Projects/rkward_kde4/build/rkward/cmake_install.cmake:35:
> > > FILE cannot create directory: /share/apps/rkward. Maybe need
> > administrative
> > > privileges.
> >
> > Hm. I'm not sure, where exactly the files should be installed in the
> > Kubuntu
> > KDE4 setup, but /share/apps/ definitely sounds wrong. Do you have
> > the "KDEDIR" environment variable set (to a sensible place)?
> > # echo $KDEDIR
> >
> > If so, could you redo the cmake step with
> > # cmake /path -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR
> >
> > If it is not set, perhaps try
> > # cmake /path -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/lib/kde4
>

> According to kubuntu instructions we were expoting to $KDEDIRS. That final S
> made the diffference. Now I installed almost properly.

You can also use $KDEHOME (or the full path, which in my case is
/home/user/.kde4) if you do not want to mess with any system files...
I do this with rkward-0.4.8 (using, /home/user/.kde) on my dept
machine where I do not have root access, and things work perfectly
fine..

> I had a warning that i am using libfortran.so.1 while i should use to
> libfortran.so.2.

If you have gcc-4.2 and g++-4.2 installed then you can try the following:
$ export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.2; export CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.2;
$ cmake .... (rest of the options)

More debug info later tonight...
Regards,
PK