[rkward-devel] Jarque-Bera test plugin

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Oct 2 10:31:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Tuesday 02 October 2007, you wrote:
> As I'm not sure if this message was correctly sent yesterday, I send it
> again.

your message arrived all right, but I simply did not look at it, then.

> > 3) The issue about NAs not handled by the test is one we could easily
> > solve for the user. Just offer an additional option "Exclude NAs".
>
> Done, but I'm not quite sure about offering such an option because, if
> data does have NAs and the option is unchecked, the test fails. Instead,
> I'd put a note of advise saying that all missing values will be ignored,
> unless that option could be useful for the user to prevent running the
> test on such data.

I think, offering the option is a good idea, as it may show unexpected
problems (user may not be aware of the presence of NAs). Given that the
option is the default, I think the comment about the test failing if NAs are
present can even be removed from the checkbox label. As is, NAs will be
excluded unless the user specifically asks for it.

> I attach the .php, .xml and .rkh updated files.

Committed. I'll test again sometime later (and take a look at the help page,
then), but so far the test looks good to me. Nice work.

BTW, I used the first part of your mail address (manchito) as a nick for the
commit message. I can't add accents in the console, and writing "German"
would have some potential for confusion. If you'd prefer another nick /
identifier, please say so.