[rkward-devel] workspace browser does not list variables in amd64 arch

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:45:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

And here is 0.4.8pre2: configure ok, make ok. This time I am not
attaching the files, I have uploaded them to some place (hope it
works). A simple wget of the links should work.

On 10/1/07, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 01 October 2007, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> > > 2) Do you get commandline completion (console/script editor) for objects
> > > in globalenv()?
> >
> > No.
>
> Ok, so this happens at a rather basic level. Probably the workspace browser
> itself is not to blame, rather it looks like fetching information about the
> objects in the workspace fails.

Yes, you are right. I did not think that way.

> Ok, but I take it you used the SVN version? Could you perhaps try with 0.4.7
> and/or 0.4.6, and see whether those give the same result? Otherwise, this
> would narrow it down quite a bit. Also, could you try turning off all
> optimization (./configure with --enable-debug=full should do the trick), just
> to make sure?

config.log:
http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/437777_hla7x/config.log-0.4.8pre2.gz

output from the make process:
http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/437778_hokks/make.log-0.4.8pre2.gz

here is output with valgrind (as mentioned in your 'corrected' mail),
debug-level 5 and debug-flags 132:
http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/437780_ptmhq/rkward.log-0.4.8pre2-valgrind-debug.gz

I created a simple data.frame and trying to edit it froze rkward.

> Some more questions:
> Does the data editor work all right? Does it work at all?

Good point. It works, but not allright. When the data.frame itself is
visible, the class of the columns in a data.frame are identified
wrongly which causes all sorts of errors when trying to edit it (right
click > edit). Factors, functions, numeric -- all messed up. Repeated
"Updates" changes the identified class of the columns, and sometimes
trying to edit the data.frame freezes rkward.

Using valgrind was taking a lot of time, so I removed valgrind and
tried just debug-level 5 and debug-flags 132:
http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/437779_ah4gs/rkward.log-0.4.8pre2-debug.gz

Here again, I created a simple data.frame and edited it. The editor
opened fine, but the individual columns were indentified wrongly. And
finaly after a few "Updates", rkward froze.

The log files are really huge... Hopefully you'll know what to look for.

Regards
PK