[rkward-devel] modified - Import plugin..

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:14:29 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have uploaded a modified version of the Import Text/CSV plugin -
feel free to comment and of course do tests. My goals were:

1. Compact-ify the plugin - there was too much empty space around.
   - due to this, the input boxes for specifying the
row-names/column-names have become quite small. let me know if this is
a serious problem. Do people use these boxes to specify the col (row)
names?

2. Provide "minimum-click" (quick mode) options for importing - using
the defaults for read.{csv,csv2,delim,delim2}
 - This looks fine, though there is another approach to do this - use
read.table for all the options and explicitly show the default
parameters being used. Would that be better?

Let me know you opinions... If this (or with further modifications) is
acceptable then I plan to do a similar thing for write.table to give
the import/export plugins a uniform look.

Regards,
PK