[rkward-devel] Assertion failure when interrupting output

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed May 23 09:04:00 UTC 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007, Michel Lang wrote:
> I'm still far away from 20 seconds.
> Could it be caused by my dual monitor setup or are there major speed
> improvements in katepart since kde-3.5.5?

No idea, really. The X server may well play a role in this (top shows ~21%
Xorg and ~78% rkward.bin CPU usage, when I run your example. If the ratio is
very considerably on your machine, then that may well be the explanation).
But this is just guessing.

> Agreed. But maybe we could include a configuration dialog, and set the
> R-options on startup if they differ from the defaults. To avoid confusion
> if the R developers are changing the defaults, I would suggest a checkbox
> and a text field for each option (and it's easier maintainable, too).
> Users touching these options hopefully know what they are doing ;)
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but this should be safe enough.

There already are a number of options in Settings->Configure
RKWard->R-Backend. I've added max.print, now. Adding "default" checkboxes
seems like a good idea, but I've simply added it to the TODO list for now.