[rkward-devel] RegModel: standard error missing

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed May 9 12:01:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Wednesday 09 May 2007, Pep Roca wrote:
> I have do a regression analysis with the following code:
>

> AL_FEV_2_DADES <- read.table("AL_FEV_2_DADES.txt", header=TRUE, sep=";")
> RegModel.1 <- lm(AL_FEV_2_DADES$FEV~AL_FEV_2_DADES$AL, data=AL_FEV_2_DADES)
> summary(RegModel.1))
>

> but the object RegModel.1 don't show the Std. Error of the coefficient.

[...]

> but if I run the code in the R console of the RKWard, I get all the summary:
> > summary(RegModel.1)

[...]

> I ma using RKWard 0.4.2. This is a bug?

Well, the thing to note is that
	summary (RegModel.1)
is something different from
	print (RegModel.1)
. If you try the latter in the R console, you will see the same result as in
the object viewer. If you do
	rm1.summary <- summary (RegModel.1)
and you view that object, you will see the result you have been expecting.

So it's not really a bug. But perhaps it would indeed be useful to (try to)
show the summary for objects in the object viewer, in addition to printing
them. I'll add it to the TODO list.

(The object viewer is one of the oldest portions of rkward, and has seen only
very few changes since it's inception in 2004. I guess it could need some
attention...).