[RkWard-devel] is this R/RKward seg fault?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Mar 21 18:46:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 19:21, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> In the past few days, I have been getting this error often while working. I
> suppose this is R error?

unfortunately, it's hard to tell. The crash itself occurs while the R thread
is running, but it's entirely possible (and even likely), that what really
went wrong was in RKWard shortly before. Can you reproduce this in some way,
or perhaps at least figure out a pattern, when this is particularily likely
to occur?

Which version of R are you using in RKWard? Perhaps it's somewhere in the low
level code that is needed for R < 2.4. I had to change some things in there,
but did a lot "blindly" in so far as I don't have an old version of R
installed to actually test this.

> Typing 1 (/2/3/4) and Enter doesn't work!

Yeah, it would be nice if it would work, but at this point the app is already
crashed for the better part, so getting anything to work past this point is
difficult.