[RkWard-devel] Few things here and there...

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 19:34:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Thursday 15 March 2007 04:05:08 pm Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 15 March 2007 00:19, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> > 1. Plugin "Code" window: (mild useability issue)
> >    The area where the code for a plugin is shown seems editable to the
> > user though it is not. As of now, the user can delete/add character to
> > the shown code, as if the edited code will get executed. Is it possible
> > to make it non-editable?
>
> Done. It already had been read-only some (long ago) time in the past, but
> somewhere along the way, I seem to have messed that up.

Great. It looks good now. Copy also works

> > 2. Document Window navigation: (mild useability issue)
> >     Is it possible to implement the document window navigation as
> > left/right window instead of previous/next. Just to see how it feels! May
> > be add a checkbox to Configure RKWard to choose the type of navigaton! In
> > which case I guess the navigation will need to be restricted only to
> > document windows.
>
> I've done two things:
> 1) No longer add the same window to the window history several times (and
> I've already excluded the tool windows a while ago).

Thats nice. Duplicated windows were causing lot of confusion.

> 2) Add a left/right window action. Shortcuts Ctrl+<> and Ctrl+,. . I guess
> it does not really need any icons, as it does not make too much sense to
> add it to the toolbar (you could just click the tabs instead), but if you
> have any suggestions for icons, that might still be nice for completeness.

That sounds perfect. The window navigation is predominantly a keyboard driven
feature. I am loving it. Thanks for including Ctl+,. (the Ctl+< is also glued
somewhere else. I need to figure that out some day)

> > 3. Title bar display : (mild useability issue)
> >     Is it possible to show the full pathname of the script files on the
> > title bar? May be configurable through Settings?
>
> Done, but not configurable. I think it would probably a rather useless
> configuration option, that only clutters the settings UI. However, if
> anybody has serious issues with showing the full pathname in the title bar,
> please speak up, I might add such an option after all.

Perfect! When on the issue of setttings UI, yes it is quite a mess in there.
May be we should restructure it someday, breaking up into more than one
settings UI.

Regards
PK