[RkWard-devel] Window navigation

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 23:43:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 02:29:59 pm Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 07 March 2007 07:46, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> > Firstly, a great job with the window shortcuts. But are the Alt+<>
> > working? It does not seem to work here.. Clicking on the icon works but
> > not the shortcuts!
>
> Alt+<> work, here. Not sure, why this may be different on your system.
> Perhaps they are bound to some other action?

Well, not that I know of!! I tried to glance thru the kate shortcuts as well
as KDE global shotrcuts. But none. Using Alt+> when one end (right end) is
reached, I cannot get back using Alt+<. But Alt+,. is working fine. If no one
else is having any similar issues, then we can just ignore it, I might have
tied it to some other action in some other software!

> > Good enough. Is the left/right style of konqueror more intuitive than the
> > cycling? What do others feel?
>
> Passing on the question.

While I was browsing thru Kate shortcuts, I realised that even kate uses
Ctl+,. (and as alternate Ctl+[]) to navigate left/right tabs!

> > Is Alt + ,. better than <>? The second one needs a shift modifier. How
> > about multiple ones? That is Alt+< works the same as Alt+, and Alt+>
> > works as Alt+. We can keep <> for the intuition of the cycle, but ,.
> > could also work!
>
> Added Alt+,. as secondary shortcuts.

Thanks. Seems to work fine.

> > 1. When the workspace bowser is shown is it possible to set the focus
> > on ".GlobalEnv" as if it was clicked? This makes the workspace browsing
> > easier.
>
> Not sure, I did what you had in mind. Could you try from SVN?

Well what I had in mind was this: Once the workspace borwser is shown (Alt+1),
the user should be able to browse the variables using the Up and Down arrow
keys. Thus he/she can then use the context menu key (left of the LeftControl
key) to either view/rename/copy/delete...  As of now, ".GolbalEnv" is
selected using Alt+1 but, the arrow keys don't move the selection to the
variables.

> > 2. When the Help tool window is shown (using Alt+5/clicking) is it
> > possible to set the focus to the Find input box? So that the query can be
> > typed right away.
>
> Good idea. Done.

Great. But a new issue: Once the Find input box is set to focus, further usage
of Alt+5 does not show/hide the Help tool window. As of now it is working
like this:
Alt+5 : the help tool window is shown and the focus is set to the find input
box. Perfect.
Tab : focus gets set to the Fields dropdown list. Perfect.
Alt+5 : the focus gets back to the Find input box, instead of hiding the Help
tool window.

> > Yes, I have been using the cycling for a while. With a few files and help
> > searches open the cycling seems to be overwhelming! May be we can just
> > cycle (or may be just left/right borwsing) thru the document windows. And
> > leave the tool windows to just toggle. What do others feel?
>
> Passing on the question.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Regards