[RkWard-devel] Plugin code running inside local(); please test

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Mar 4 19:40:45 UTC 2007

Hi all,

a while ago, Prasenjit suggested to place all plugin-generated code inside a
local() to solve the issue about temporary variables in an elegant way.
Instead of contemplating the implications for much longer, I have now added
this to SVN. There were some unexpected complications in rk.set.label(), but
I hope to have solved those.

Please do *not* modify your plugins to make use of this new functionality,
yet. Rather, please test whether everything works as expected. If there are
no further complications, we can switch to this for good, removing all
cleanup sections, and giving temporary variables nice short names. However,
until we are reasonably sure, there are no unexpected side-effects, I'd like
to have an easy way to back out this change, if needed.